Project planner stops early

lcollomb

Posted · Project planner stops early

Since 1 week project planner stops after slicing the first element of a group. It doesn't matter what I'm slicing. I have had the problem on another Mac. I tried saving to another folder (i.e. desktop) It seems that the windows version is not affected.

Config:

Mac OS X 10.8.2

Cura 12.11 (fresh install)

IMG_0926.thumb.JPG.66ba8d7bb94486057d720f4f1de1a88b.JPG

IMG_0927.thumb.JPG.6cefd8fa5d4978f1e462bdeb16d7caea.JPG

So I found a quick workaround.

Login as a guest install a fresh copy of cura and sice. This will only work for the first slice and I cannot open the preference panel.

After that I need to delete the guest user and login as a new one in order to slice again… strange.

Maybe it has to do with the preference file? I cannot find where it is saved.

The preferences file should be saved in in your home directory in .cura (which is a hidden location)

What you could try, is running Cura from a terminal, then you should be able to see an error log.

Strange still no sucsess even after removing pref and re-installing cura.

It really stops slicing after the first object and says "it took xx secondes to export the file." with a progression bar half way there.

How can I run cura in terminal?

This week-end I'm doing a clean system install anyway it might help.

First, start a terminal (you should be able to find it in the finder)

Then, in the black window type:

cd /Applications/Cura/

./Cura/Contents/MacOS/Cura

Thanks for the tip. This is what I get in the terminal once its stops:

Choucroute:Cura lc$ /Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/MacOS/Cura Choucroute:Cura lc$ /Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/util/mesh.py:69: RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in divide normals[:,0] /= lens/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/util/mesh.py:70: RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in divide normals[:,1] /= lens/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/util/mesh.py:71: RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in divide normals[:,2] /= lensException in thread Thread-2:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 505, in run File "/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/gui/projectPlanner.py", line 978, in OnRun   startGCode = profile.getAlterationFileContents('start.gcode') File "/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/util/profile.py", line 534, in getAlterationFileContents   return unicode(prefix + re.sub("(.)\{([^\}]*)\}", replaceTagMatch, alterationContents).rstrip() + '\n' + postfix).strip().encode('utf-8') File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/re.py", line 151, in sub File "/Applications/Cura/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/Cura/util/profile.py", line 430, in replaceTagMatch   return pre + time.strftime('%d %b %Y')UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)

Looks like a possible problem with language settings. What native language do you have configured in your Mac?

Most likely, removing the "at: {day} {date} {time}" from the start code works around this.

My system language is english, but I use the Swiss-french time and date setting.

On a freshly installed system project-planner works again. If it starts acting strange I'll try removing the gcode you mentioned.

Thanks for the support!

Removing the specified comment in the start.gcode worked for me. I am using French also..

Thanks for the Great Support !

Same here, my brother removed the "at: {day} {date} {time}" on his setup and it works fine again!

Thanks!

Also fixed this for the next release :-) it will no longer stop slicing, and replace none-ascii chars with a question mark (best I can do right now, most of the code is build around ascii strings instead of unicode strings)