Amend XY printed size

nigelwebb

Posted · Amend XY printed size

Hi,

Cura 2.1.3, Ultimaker 2+, ABS, 0.4mm & 0.25mm nozzle

I am printing a small part shaped like a square 'C', 25mm square & 5mm thick. The two legs are required to be 1.45mm wide and 3.35mm wide (in the x/y axis), both +/-0.1mm. When I print these with either a 0.4mm nozzle or a 0.25 nozzle the two dimensions come out about 1.6mm & 3.5mm (too large!).

From reading the settings I tried to alter 'Quality - Line Width' which had been at the default 0.22mm (with the 0.25 nozzle) to 0.15mm. This made no difference to the finished print size. I guess this was because this is used to calculate the extrusion rate and side-by-side pitch rather than just fixing the pitch for side-by-side lines.

This is not a scaling issue as to apply a scale would change larger dimensions by a bigger amount. Typically I find that larger dimensions are oversize by a similar amount, ie 0.15mm.

So my question is: what parameter controls the finished part size?

Thanks

Nigel

Posted · Amend XY printed size

Well after a lot of work I have discovered the problem. The Flow % default is 107% on the Ultimaker2+/Cura2.1.3. Once I set this to 100% the part reduced in size by almost the required amount. In fact I found that 95% was ideal for the correct size but there are some very small voids starting to appear.

Nigel