Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
gigaworks

Cura won't stop crashing on OS X 10.8

I've tried everything I can think of but I can't get Cura to launch successfully on either of my 2 macs running OS X Mountain Lion. It actually ran fine initially but it crashed during the startup wizard and now it won't even launch. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall but nothing seems to fix it. Has anything changed that would make it not work on Mountain Lion? It's worked fine for me before so I doubt it's any dependencies on anything. Could there be some setting that got corrupt when the wizard bombed out?

MacOS 10.8 is Mountain lion not Lion.

The 12.12 release doesn't run on Snow Leopard, so far that is a known problem. The 12.12 release runs without problems on any 10.7 or 10.8 mac that I've seen. And the 12.12 release no longer requires anything installed on the system (it's packaged vastly different from the 12.11 release)

It appears to be crashing from an EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION error. See error report below

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

I still have the gut feeling this might be due to the fact that the wizard exited pre-maturely the first time it was run. For example, does it assume that all wizard settings will be defined if the wizard has been run once? In my case, I don't think the wizard actually finished all the way. Are there any hidden settings I could try deleting to go back to a default state? Uninstalling and reinstalling just gives the same message so unless it's an application problem, I have to think there's some corrupt settings somewhere it's trying to load...