bottom pattern , Cura?

spiruline

Posted · bottom pattern , Cura?

Hello,

I am getting this stripped bottom pattern in some areas, while other areas are pretty smooth. It is not the blue tape causing it:

http://cl.ly/image/3n0A2F072o0G

It seems like Cura could be causing it, because when I prepare the print I get this graphic that shows in pink the same area (more or less) the problem occurs:

http://cl.ly/image/2c451d102h2Y

Any ideas? or better parameters to obtain a smooth base layer?

Most likely your start height (Z endstop) is a bit to high. Causing the lines to be layed down too thin, causing the stripped pattern. (The 3 colors, pink, yellow, cyan, mean the same thing "infill" but are different sections of the infill)

Thank you for the answer. I´ll try to set the Z endstop a little lower. I was trying to avoid warping by making sure the first layer sticks well.

I am setting the Z endstop by placing a piece of paper between the nozzle and the platform and adjusting height until I can move it with some (little) resistance. Is this right?

Do the rest of settings in the image look OK?