Print stuck at "line 8"

stepava

Posted · Print stuck at "line 8"

Hello everybody, this is my first post in the forum.

Me and a friend are building a 3D printer based on ultimaker hardware, so we want to use CURA that I think is the best software up to now, but I have a couple of problems:

1.) I use CURA under linux and I see that the 12.12 has the "print button" bug, the print button pressed does nothing, while I check the "A" version (12.12A) under windows and it is fine. I see that this is a known issue; it is foreseen to release a 12.12A version also for Linux? In the meanwhile I'm using the 12.10 version on linux.

2.) With 12.10 I'm able to comand my machine with the jog, so everything works, but when I try to print a model that was correctly prepared, the machine starts with axis homing, but then it does nothing else. The progress reports that the "line" in progress is the nuber "8" and remain blocked. What I can check to solve the problem?

I'm using the MARLIN firmware from daid's github repository and I'm pretty sure that it is working because I'm able to print/move the axis form gcode with other software (for example pronterface).

Thank you very much for the attention,

Regards.

The bug that was fixed in 12.12A was only present on windows as it was in windows specific code. Not sure what's causing the linux issue.

The stop at line 8 is a bug in the printing interface. The quickest workaround would be to use pronterface.

Thank you for the quick response.

I don't know why the 12.12 does not work on my linux machine, I use Ubuntu 12.04, probably I have some problem with some dependencies.

I try the development 13.01 and everything seems to go fine.

Regarding the "line 8" problem, I make some test and seems that is the "start g code" that cause the problem. If I "REM" out with ";" all the lines in the start g code and make manual homing, then the print start without any problem.

I have to make some further test in order to identify which specific command cause the block.

Hi, i solved the problem. After some trials I found that the print run stuck at line 8 before the homing command (in the start.gcode) due to a incorrect managing of the thermistor. The software wait for the temperature to be reached and wait after the M109 command. I think the temperature was in the correct range, but it wasn't due to an error in the hardware wiring.

I'm very new to 3D printing so, now, after doublechecking this I understand to have made a silly mistake :D:D:)