My first attempt at the hollow pyramid

inventiprint

Posted · My first attempt at the hollow pyramid

So I've had my Ultimaker about 2 weeks and have been slowly tweeking it. I felt pretty good about some of my prints thus far so I thought I'd give the hollow pyramid a try. I turned on retraction and left all other parameters of Cura at their default values. I was printing using the grey PLA material supplied with my Ultimaker kit. I was going to attempt the Yoda first but thought this would be a better test for stringing. Also I wanted to test the Bowden compression fitting submitted by Owen on Thingiverse. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11864. I thought it came out pretty good as I only had one string. I'm going to make some mods in Cura but wanted some feedback from the community as to the quality of this most recent print and any tips moving forward on the more difficult prints. Especially since i'm moving on to the torture test after the Yoda.

I have to say the Ultimaker is one of the best investments i have ever made and I'm glad i did my research on desktop 3d printers.