cura/printrun error: extruder changed

yoveo

Posted · cura/printrun error: extruder changed

hello there

I was trying to print something yesterday but unfortunately the print stopped halfway, giving me an error along the lines of 'extruder changed'. what could cause that? it happend twice at the same position in the model... some faulty gcode? I slice it without any special settings in cura...

thanks for any help!

Are you sure it doesn't say "Extruder switched off"? Because then it's most likely a mintemp/maxtemp error caused by one of the thermocouple connections not being properly secured. (The firmware does this, for good reason, as bad temperature measurements can cause a burned up hotend)

hm I tried to print it twice yesterday and I'm quite certain it said extruder changed.

is there a log file somewhere for the mac version? if not I'll just try to print it again

and report back to you.

You'll see that the full log will say "Extruder switched off: MINTEMP triggered"

oh, ah sorry, I dind't see that. so I guess I'll have to check the thermistor/sensor cables?

ok I think I've found the issue. there was indeed a loose contact on my temp sensor thingy above the printhead. the cables are tightly fixed but there seems to be an issue on the board itself. I'll have to narrow that down further.

another issue though, daid, which I think is software related: sometimes when opening print run, the temperature graph doesn't appear. usually restarting print run or ultimaker helps... is that a known issue?

Never seen that before, but 13.03 will be out soon, which has a big number of internal changes, so could be fixed in there.

great! I'm looking forward to this release, thank you.