Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
yoveo

cura/printrun error: extruder changed

hello there

I was trying to print something yesterday but unfortunately the print stopped halfway, giving me an error along the lines of 'extruder changed'. what could cause that? it happend twice at the same position in the model... some faulty gcode? I slice it without any special settings in cura...

thanks for any help!

Are you sure it doesn't say "Extruder switched off"? Because then it's most likely a mintemp/maxtemp error caused by one of the thermocouple connections not being properly secured. (The firmware does this, for good reason, as bad temperature measurements can cause a burned up hotend)

ok I think I've found the issue. there was indeed a loose contact on my temp sensor thingy above the printhead. the cables are tightly fixed but there seems to be an issue on the board itself. I'll have to narrow that down further.

another issue though, daid, which I think is software related: sometimes when opening print run, the temperature graph doesn't appear. usually restarting print run or ultimaker helps... is that a known issue?