Educational 3D printer

3d4e

Posted · Educational 3D printer

Good day to all of the readers and posters,

My name is John, working with Kevin.

we could use some help designing an 3d printer.

we are searching everywhere on ultimaker support and other sites but cant seem to find a sort of list for all the parts used in ultimaker

for example wich stepper motors do we need

I need to know if a Arduino card can steer 5 Steppers for an 2nd or maybe 3rd extruder

so i got allot of questions i hope i can start an topic where everybody is free to leave tips and ideas

this project is for educational purpose, we're aiming for an durable and long lasting machine.

aiming to use aluminium for frame, printing bed, X and Y axles

twin Z axis spindles for more accuracy?

2 axles for stability

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Posted · Educational 3D printer

Twin Z axis will over-constrain your design, causing friction and wobble instead of more accuracy.

The RepRap project has a lot of information about building printers from scratch: reprap.org