Table calibration

darkdude

Posted · Table calibration

Hello,

I'm new to 3D printing so I may be asking something obvious. Google didn't give me the answer I was loking for so I need to ask here.

To make the long story short: some of my friends aquired Ultimaker and netfabb for Ultimaker. After a long and painful fight they managed to make it work. As I needed some parts, I designed them and asked for a print. I took a loooong time because of many printer related issues.

Most severe, as I was told was warping. So I did some research, built a heated bed (I used 220V heating mats for reptiles - had lots of these so the bed is almost for free). I tried to run a print but then a power shortage occured (not related to the bed) and after a restart netfabb lost all of its configuration files.

I was able to import them back and connect to the printer, however it's missing X and Y settings completly. After starting a project it's just circling around the table, sometimes even hitting the walls. From time to time it even extudes something but it's nothing like my model. The PLA sticks to the bed perfectly so the bed itself should be a success.

I assume that this problem is purely software related. And here is my question: how to set up a 0,0 point and how to limit the printing area using software (there are screws in the glass and the head tends to hit them). ??

Controlling the head via Manual control and setting starting point doesn't seem to work.

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Table calibration

Sorry I can't help, but can add the problems are mutual. The startup Gcode slams the extruder head into the back the slams it into the right side. seems like the bed is 150 and it wants to go to 205.

I can tell you that Cura prints nicely. If you need a print the fastest and easiest way will be with Cura. You have to become pretty good with Netfabb before you beat the results from Cura.