Z axis stops moving up when printing circular features, Cura issue?

shigshwa

Posted · Z axis stops moving up when printing circular features, Cura issue?

Why does this happen to me? For whatever reason, when I print anything that has circles in the z axis, my printer will print up to the halfway point of the circle, then the z axis stops moving up, but the printer keeps printing, ruining my print. I notice that the z axis will actually move up, but then it just moves back down to the same height. It happens every time that there is a circular feature on the z axis, as shown in this example picture. I'm sure that something is happening in Cura that causes this. Has this happened to anyone else?

17626560_10206997641499416_6063529025629519926_n.jpg?oh=496ec9ded2c92c88f745e02625eded43&oe=595A6458

Posted · Z axis stops moving up when printing circular features, Cura issue?

Do you have a photo of a failed print?

I don't think it happens to others, or else the forum would be full of similar topics. Maybe the problem lies somewhere else.