Compiling Cura 13.03 in OSX 10.8

magicxman

Posted · Compiling Cura 13.03 in OSX 10.8

I am trying to compile latest github pull of Cura on 10.8.3 OSX and managed to setup the environment as well as package the .dmg file. The only problem is that after I installed the .dmg file which I packaged earlier, I tried to run Cura. Cura quits immediately. When I try to run cura.py using pythonw, the following error appears:

File "cura.py", line 15, in <module>

from Cura.util import profile

ImportError: No module named Cura.util

Anyone can help?

Posted · Compiling Cura 13.03 in OSX 10.8

Thanks for the tips. I have managed to compile, run and package successfully on 10.8. Hope fully this helps.

Follow the instructions in github Daid/Cura on OSX section. After that, try to run cura with pythonw -m Cura.cura

as per Daid's advice above.

Then there may be errors and try to install the missing modules:

easy_install pyobjc-core

easy_install pyobjc

pip install numpy

pip install PyOpenGL PyOpenGL_accelerate

pip install pyserial

pip install power

Finally, Cura should be able to be executed finely. Then only package it with ./package.sh darwin.