Kernel panic with Cura 2.5.0 on macOS 10.12.4

Builder1

Posted · Kernel panic with Cura 2.5.0 on macOS 10.12.4

I have been using Cura 2.5.0 successfully until yesterday.

When running it, there are significant display drawing issues. The object draws on the screen when opened but then the background grid disappears, many UI elements disappear, and rotating around the object draws over top of the previous view. There are also pauses of about 5-8 seconds (beach ball) where nothing can be done at all and they happen roughly every 10 seconds.

In one attempt to figure out what was happening, my system kernel panicked.

I tried Cura 2.4 and I get the same result.

Cura 15.04 works (but I would rather not have to use it).

I updated my Mac to Sierra 10.12.4 on May 14th and I believe this is the first time I have used Cura since then. I'm using a Macbook Pro early 2015.

Jason

Posted · Kernel panic with Cura 2.5.0 on macOS 10.12.4

Strange, I have the same setup (MacOS Sierra 10.12.4) and experience no problems. Maybe you could try to remove your config folder (back it up first) it is in ~/Library/Application Support/cura