Cura 2.6.1 feedback

Dorjamjr

Posted · Cura 2.6.1 feedback

First post so not sure I am going this correctly, but wanted to comment on the latest Cura (2.6 and 2.6.1).

- Build surface issue:

I'm using a dual extruder set up in with Marlin (Prusa i3). The first extruder is set to cover the entire build surface (200 x 200) with the second extruder placed with an offset of -35mm relative to the first extruder (so it can actually cover from Y=0 to Y=165). When I load a dual extrusion print and set both parts to be printed by extruder 1, the build surface shows the back 35 mm of surface as greyed out (not available). (It should should ALL the surface as available.) When I choose extruder 1 for the first half of the print and extruder 2 for the second half of the print (as it should be), the build surface now shows both the front 35mm and rear 35mm as unavailable (should show the front fully available and the rear 35mm as unavailable).

- Material issue:

I have set up my printer defaults to print at 215. But I have also set up some custom material entries that have different temperatures (an ABS for example, that has it's print temperature set at 235). So when I tell Cura that I would like to use the new material (print temp 235) I would have expected that the slicer settings (normally printing at 215) would be overwritten to the new temperature, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something?

Great slicer, by the way. Thanks for those who do the work!