Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
SergeBeckers

The challenges in the field of 3D printing? Your opinion, please!

Dear all,

happy to be a member of your community! I have a favor to ask.

My PR agency is involved in a pitch for Ultimaker, and we’re very excited about the opportunity to work for this great company.

I know the 3D printing industry ‘from the sideline’, our agency having worked for Autodesk and Faro for quite some time now. But I would love to collect some inside information as well. And that’s where you come in.

My question to the community: “In your opinion, what will be the challenges in the field of 3D printing in the coming year?”

Would these be hardware or software related? Would the challenges focus on legal issues (e.g. copyrights, design law)? Revenue models? Legislation pertaining to the nature of printed objects (e.g. fire arms, knives), 3D printing materials or techniques (e.g. in healthcare)? Printer costs? Collaboration (cf. BIM in the building industry)?

We would love to hear your opinion, expert or amateur. Any information will be highly welcomed!

Thanks so much, looking forward to hearing from you on this forum.

Best regards,

Serge Beckers

Edited by Guest