Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
phanc60844

Board failure

I've had the machine for nearly 6 months now but on trying to use in it recently I kept getting a comms error in Cura. I tried to hook up the Aurduino on its own and that would talk OK, then I tried the aurduino and main board recoupled but without the stepdrivers and that worked. However in refitting any of the stepdrivers the comms connection would disconnect. I've raise a ticket but after toing and froing for a few days, the tech guy came to the conclusion that the main board was damaged. Now heres the crunch, he said that the guarantee on these is only 3 months! no way, sorry but I've spent over a thousand pounds on this machine, so i dont expect the main board to throw the towel in after 6 months. now I know its an experimetal machine and its a kit, however the board is a comercially made item and should have at least 12 months waranty , and i thought that the new EU laws meant that consumers were entiled to 2 years.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Thanks

paul

Snowy, it worked fine before and then wham , nothing. As far as I.m concerned , the disclaimer says that they dont guarantee the operation of the printer as a whole, however that doesnt mean that the individual components, stepper motors, bearings, heater thermocouple, main board , aurduino, power supply and limit switches shouldnt still have a standard consumer guarantee which under EU law is 2 years. If they wont honor that then I'll take it up with Barclaycard visa, lets see how many machines they sell when Barclaycard revoke Utlimakers credit card facilities