Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
paul-schulze

RepG24 -RepG26 building problems

Hi,

As a new user i'm trying different programs. At first I used RepG0024, which sometimes is doing well. A great pitty is that you can't control the fan while printing (or can you?). I've tried different surfaces for stickyness, but the fan oftenly blows parts of the first layers away.

So i tried RepG0026, which has a fan control. The qlty improves a lot by letting the fan run 30-40%.

But RepG0026 does not built up properly (windows 7, 32 bits). The first layers are often shifted, and sometimes the extrusion feed does not work while printing (while tested before printing).

see also picture for better understanding.

Who can help me with some advise

Rgds, Paul

If your first layer is blown away then your start height is most likely a bit to high.

Which firmware are you using with RepG26? Some firmware versions had layer shift problems.

I've also had layer shift problems due to a bad connection in the power plug, but this seems to be rare.

Personally, I recommend, after you solved all the mechanical problems you might have, to switch to PrintRun + Skeinforge 42 or higher + Marlin. This will give better print results, and require less messing around. I build this package:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Skeinforge_PyPy

to make switching easier, as it's preconfigured perfectly to run for the Ultimaker.

Dear Daid,

Thanks a lot, will try!

Concerning the mechanical problems, i am not aware i have. Sometimes the first part of the first layer(s) go well, but later on it gets worse, and the platform seems rather flat.

This problem exist mainly with thin walled items, but we want ot be able to produce those a welll. like you're saying, it's not functional to keep messing.

Rgds, Paul