Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Coalwater

New to 3D printing

Hi,

This year my employer finally agreed that we needed a 3D printer and so having never used one, the Ultimaker 3 seemed to me like a good choice. Being in a corporate environment, I didn't have time to fiddle around for a few months before I was able to get a working part out of it. I'm happy to report I was printing my first part about 1 hour after getting it connected to the company network. It has been running every day for about 6 weeks now, mostly making specialized tools and small parts and my failure rate is super low. I did learn a few things about settings though.

Of course, I am a mechanical designer with a lot of experience with 3D modelling (lots of playing around with software settings) and some familiarity with G-code and CNC machining. I have tons of things I'd like to see added to Cura and there is definitely some improvements that could be added to the machine itself but so far there is nothing I needed that I wasn't able to print!

I'm looking forward to learning more and to see what will be possible in the future!

Thanks!