lairdb

Duplicate a machine? (Alternate extruder settings.)

Posted · Duplicate a machine? (Alternate extruder settings.)

Is there a way to duplicate a machine? 

I've been experimenting with different nozzle widths lately, and my plan was to define a second machine with the alternate nozzle; that way as I evolve the settings for Machine_Nozzle10, they don't muck up the good settings I've developed for Machine_Nozzle4.

However, I can't figure out how to easily duplicate Machine_Nozzle4.

(Or is there a more Cura-friendly way to approach this?)

Posted (edited) · Duplicate a machine? (Alternate extruder settings.)

(I realize this is a necro, but this posting comes up at top for my google search, so I'm adding my answer.)

A way that seems to be quite easy is to save an empty project (File->Save) which will include the printer settings.

Then open (again, via File->Open) that project, and you'll be asked if you want to update or create a new profile and printer.

Create new and change the settings there.

I've done this just now with the new Cura 4.1 , but older versions should be able to do that as well, since there is a comment from 2018 on GitHub:
https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/3568

[edit] Apparently not everything is copied? I had to set the manual change in the _settings.inst.cfg again.
(I've disabled temp control of the nozzle, because I prefer to control that via Octoprint.)

Edited by Rejutka