Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
musyne

Default profiles inconsistent / lacking?

Hi,

I've always been wondering why there is no 0.2 layer height profile by default since it's a commonly used layer height.

Actually I've just discovered there are some, but not for the Ultimaker 2+.

I've added more printers to test and I see different profiles and I think it's a bit messy.

For the UM2+ (my printer) there are 3 profiles:

Extra Fine (0.06)

Fine (0.1)

Normal (0.15)

The normal profile (0.15) uses 2 walls, 5 top and bottom layers, 18% infill, prints at 60mm/s and travels at 150.

For the UM2 there are 4 profiles:

Extra Fine (0.06)

Fine (0.1)

Low Quality (0.15)

Draft Quality (0.2)

The low quality profile (0.15) uses 2 walls, 6 top and bottom layers, 10% infill, prints at 60mm/s and travels at 120.

For the UM3 there are 4 profiles:

Extra Fine (0.06)

Fine (0.1)

Normal (0.15)

Fast (0.2)

The normal profile (0.15) uses 3 walls, 7 top and bottom layers, 20% infill, prints at 80mm/s and travels at 250.

So I'm wondering if someone from Ultimaker can explain the differences or try to streamline the profiles for the next version. I don't see why the UM2 and UM2+ would print at different travel speed for exemple. Another one: if I select UM2, all the profiles uses 20% infill (including the "draft") except the "low" that uses 10%, why?

What are you guys go-to settings??