Cura randomly keeps resetting itself. Mayor annoyance.

Ritchie

Posted · Cura randomly keeps resetting itself. Mayor annoyance.

Okay straight to where the rubber meets the road,

I'm using Cura 3.1 on a Windows 10 system (didn't bother updating yet and haven't updated the firmware on the UM3 yet as well so 3.3 won't work anyway).
Every now and then Cura decides to reset itself completely,

This is absolutely infuriating, I use an array of 5 different printers for some of which I have to create printer profiles from scratch,
Can anybody tell me why this is happening? and How to prevent this, I already made a back up of all my material settings, but I can;t find an easy way to create a back up of my printers,
Even if I would have that, it would still be very annoying having to set up Cura at random points, I can't have that, the software needs to be trustworthy.
I want to be able to just run it the way it should work, not having to spend half an hour setting everything back up again.

I hope somebody can help me with this, is this an issue that keeps preservering in later versions too?
I never had these fidelity issues with Cura before and been very happy with the software, but if this keeps arising or isn;t fixable then I definetely will stop using Cura.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, I tried looking through the forum and there is a similar topic but that regarded material settings as far as I understood, and my problem and frustration lies mostly with having to set up all my different printers again.

Kind regards,
Ritchie

• 2 years later...
    Posted · Cura randomly keeps resetting itself. Mayor annoyance.

i came to this thread after having the same issue.

i looked at the extensions tab on the top of the screen and clicked on backup cura. I backed it up and then relaunched and my issue was resolved.

hope that helped!