Oozing above heater block & head reversed

davew

Posted · Oozing above heater block & head reversed

Having finished my build yesterday, I have done a couple of test prints and all is well with the printing. However I have noticed 2 things:

Plastic is oozing out between the top of the heater block and the brass tube. It is not a lot, it covers the top of the heater block and does not appear to be getting bigger, but I wanted to get experts opinion on it:

Is it dangerous?

Can I live with it as is?

What should I do to fix it?

The brass tube is as far into the block as it can go, the nozzle prevents it going any further. The heater & thermocouple cables made it very difficult to assemble 'square', it is now turned slightly so that the tip of the heater cable is touching the fan shroud.

The second thing is I installed the head back-to-front :???: . As far as I can see, the only problem with this is the fan is on the 'wrong' side and the print area is a bit smaller (it can't get as far forward as it should and the default bed size in Cura was pushing the nozzle over the bed leveling screws)

Posted · Oozing above heater block & head reversed

Ok, spend the afternoon dis-assembling, cleaning and re-assembling the hot end. Been printing for 1/2 hr now with no sign of oozing. Also reassembled the head the right way round this time :rolleyes: