Ultimaker 3 extruding problem when using support material

Benighted

Posted · Ultimaker 3 extruding problem when using support material

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem when I use any support material in printcore 2 while printing with my Ultimaker 3 Extended. After 50'ish layers the printcore 1 starts having problems to extrude the material while the printcore 2 prints flawlessly. After about 50 layers the problem disappears and the printcore 1 start extruding correctly and the rest of the print is as it should be. This happens every time when using the support material and it always behave about the same way. Few good layers, then the Printcore 1 stop extruding well for a while and after that the rest of the print is good. 

I've cleaned the printcores and used different materials and different material feeding racks so that the material shouldn't get stuck anywhere. This problem also occurs only when I use the printcore 2 for support printing which indicates something else than a clog in a printcore, stucking material feed or faulty z-axle movement. This problem also doesn't occur when I use the printcore 1 for support printing so it's not about the printing support per se.

Here's a picture from a failed print if it helps anything. The printer is almost 2 years old and the problem appeared about a month ago.

Thanks in advance! 

WP_20180814_10_03_03_Rich.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies