Newbie here - 4 questions - How do I save the file to code everytime as a default?

Theteshshack

Posted (edited) · Newbie here - 4 questions - How do I save the file to code everytime as a default?

Newbie here -

Question 1: How do I save the file to code everytime? If I hit save to my SD card it never saves as a GCODE. If I hit Save to file it gives me the option. How do I set code as the default save every time? 

Question 2 - My old printer was a QIDI X-One 2 - if I save a code to that and put it in my printer it's 2x faster to print and the quality is better. Example - QIDI will print my current project in 3.5 hours. Cura 3.5.0 though, the same project is 7.5 hours. Doube that if I do not enable enable gradual. My 2 prints I did also were not solid and was very spongly - again it does not do this with the other software. I did go in and set it to normal instead of fast and infill at 100% and 15 hours later it is acceptable but still not as good as the default SW that came with my other printer. 

Question 3: I see an area in settings that says diameter of filament and I cannot select 1.75mm - seems to print ok other than the above issues but not sure what I am doing wrong. 

Question 4: My printer is not listed and I did hook it up via USB and it does respond with controlling it and so on - how do I make it take my settings for my printer?

I appreciate all your help. As I mentioned I am very new to this - 1 month in but I'm seeing stuff that forsake needs to be addressed. 

Thank you!

Edited by Theteshshack