3D Models?

Hi There,

A lot of dual extr. kit info to be found here, but after 5 cups of morning coffee I still have a question.

I know how to order one, as an Engineer/ Mechanic I think i can fit one in my printer.

For the software part, I rely on the people in Geldermalsen.

But.. how do you make a 2colored STL? :-|

Have different CAD programs, but none of them ask me in which color or wich extruder I want to use or export the file?

All answers,tips and comments welcome :cool:

Regards

Kees

STL does not support multiple materials. How it's currently being done for most printers is exporting 2 STL files, one for each color and then combining them in the software.

In Cura you can load 2 STL files, select the first, press the right mouse button on the 2nd, and join them in dual-extrusion. The origins of the models are matched up then so make a nice 2 color model.

Cura can also load and save AMF files, these files support multiple materials and thus are fit for dual-extrusion. Right now no design tool that I know off exports AMF. But for ease of sharing you can combine the 2 colors in Cura and save the resulting AMF file. See the UM robot on Ice as example: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/robot-ice-winter-is-coming it has 2 STL files for the 'classic' way, and 1 AMF file for the new way.

STL does not support multiple materials. How it's currently being done for most printers is exporting 2 STL files, one for each color and then combining them in the software.

In Cura you can load 2 STL files, select the first, press the right mouse button on the 2nd, and join them in dual-extrusion. The origins of the models are matched up then so make a nice 2 color model.

Cura can also load and save AMF files, these files support multiple materials and thus are fit for dual-extrusion. Right now no design tool that I know off exports AMF. But for ease of sharing you can combine the 2 colors in Cura and save the resulting AMF file. See the UM robot on Ice as example: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/robot-ice-winter-is-coming it has 2 STL files for the 'classic' way, and 1 AMF file for the new way.

hi, i want to print the support material with the 2nd extruder in a dual extrusion, and i enable the " support dual extrusion". But, it does`t work. I mean, the Gcode is no change, liking the sigle extruder generate.

thang you !