Chewingo

cura 4.2.1 problem

Posted · cura 4.2.1 problem

cura 4.2.1 don't start on windows 10 64bits in windows 8 compatibility mode

Posted (edited) · cura 4.2.1 problem

Hi folks,

for mee too.

Windows 10 pro / Cura 4.2.1 / splash screen is coming up and i can see the that the plugins will loading.

Then crash cura.exe without any error message.

Also with caompatibility modes, win8, win 7...

In the logfile i can see the last entry is "checking firmware update".

It is possible to deaktive this point?

Best regards,

Christof

Edited by christofmichel

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same symptom.

To be fair it all started with a Windows update (Swedish) while still on Cura 4.1.0.

The Windows update was functional update for Windows 10, version 1903 together with .NET framework update: July 9, 2019-KB4506991 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903.

After the Windows update stl file association was "restored" to Microsoft tools. I have no idea if the updates are related to our problems in anyway, but woth mentioning.

BR

Anders

Hello,

With me Cura 4.2.1 is hanging too, but i found a work arround.

Problem:

After Cura 4.2.1 startup, i see it is loading plugins, but then at "Loading preferences" it's stucked.

Work arround:

Start a 2nd instantiation of Cura 4.2.1, this one does not stuck at loading preferences.

Info:

I'm running on Windows 10 Pro.

My custimizations after installation: Select printer Creatlity CR10S-Pro, add two filaments profiles and make thickness changes in the 0.2mm profile.

Before installation, I completely removed all previous Cura versions and all profiles to make 100% sure that old profiles are not causing this issues. This is my third and most thorough installation of Cura 4.2.1, i have no other options left that using the work arround of starting a 2nd instantiation. Hopefully the developers can reproduce this and use this work arround as a hint.

Best regards,

Gertjan

loading preferences forever.png

Cura 4.2.1 still don't start on my Pc after uninstalling old versions of cura and clean directories and register keys what can I do ?

Unfortunately I too am having the same problems. My problem started with either a Windows 10 64 bit update, or recent Cura update.

Workaround that seems to allow me to start program, is after clicking on Cura, let it start up, if it doesn't open then go to your Task Bar (normally on the bottom) right click with mouse to open "Task Manager" then left click, scroll down to "Background processes" until you see "Cura.exe" then right click on Properties and Left click on Compatibility Tab, place check mark next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8" 

Sorry not ideal, but allows you to access and work on the program. Hopefully no degradation of the program and this anomaly gets fixed soon.

Windows 8 compatibility don't work and cura is not in task manager 

Yes, the Windows 8 compatibility mode seems to work for me too! That's more convinient than starting Cura 4.2.1 multiple times (i meanwhile experienced that i sometimes have to start Cura up to five times before it really starts)

So thanks for the tip, i keep my fingers crossed it will work the next time.

Forgotten to mention, i'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1903.