Missing text from build screen

ArcticEddie

Posted · Missing text from build screen

I just installed V4.2.1 after removing all traces of V4.0.0. Both versions have this same problem on a Win7 PC. Some of the text in profile data titles and pop up help titles are missing. On V4.0.0 it happened most of the time and got worse from it's initial use where it was OK. The newer version was bad after the clean install but worked OK on two subsequent starts. A screenshot is attached. The same versions have no problem on a Win10 Acer laptop. No other program acts like this on the Win7 PC. The Python version is 3.2.1.

Cura V421 missing text.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've now moved to V4.4.1. It was OK for about a week but is now doing the same thing on Win7. On Win10, it is OK although I've not used it there extensively. Like V4.0.0, the build plate is sometimes missing although the model loads and slices. There is no particular pattern as to when it happens and no other graphic programs exhibit this problem.

Any clues?

The problem has been solved. On my 23" 1910x1080 monitor, I had set the OS display content size to 125% as the icons and text were too small. This caused problems in Cura in being able to position various popup windows in the available space with oversized text. If you position the profile window carefully, you can make it work but it takes some experimenting. I set the content size back to 100% and solved the small text problem in each program that was affected. In Cura, you set a Qt environment variable scale factor to 125% to solve it's size problem. Cura should have a font size selector so it can be done within the program.