Prime Tower problem Cura 4.4.1

goldrake999

Posted · Prime Tower problem Cura 4.4.1

Hi to all, I'm new and this is my first post.

I have a 3D Printer Geeetech A20M (1 Hot End and two extruders - Virtual Extruders). I'm able to print in dual color mode thanks to post-processing manipulation g-code but when I disable the Prime Tower (because sometimes I don't need it), XYZ axes goes from the model position to the position of the ipotetical Prime Tower to do nothing and then goes back to the model to continue printing.

Is there a way to disable this movement when the Prime Tower is disabled ?

Thank you

Posted · Prime Tower problem Cura 4.4.1

That's not what it's doing there. It's parked at the edge of the bed to retract on one extruder and subsequently extrude on the other. Because that action takes time it could cause filament to droop out and if that happens on top of your model the next layer might be in trouble or would at the very least look worse.