Support Brim Issues on 'Everywhere' Mode

eddperks

Posted · Support Brim Issues on 'Everywhere' Mode

Hi all,

I think i've come across a bug in 4.6.1 but I thought I would check with you guys to see if i'm doing something stupid. When I select generate supports 'everywhere' it fails to generate the majority of the first few support layers, other than just a few small dots which then leave the zig-zag layers higher up being printed in mid-air (= spaghetti). This is fixed and the supports generate as expected if I change to 'Touching Buildplate' mode, but in this case I need supports everywhere in this model so thats not an option. Because changing this setting alone stops the problem I do not believe it is an issue with the model. 

I have tried changing many interrelated settings with no change, does anyone else have any ideas? See the pictures below. 

Thanks,

Edd 

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 15.29.47.png

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 15.30.23.png

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 15.31.02.png