Help requested - slicing issue causes Clog - iron like behaviour top/bottom layers that could be walls

geekyhawkes

Posted (edited) · Help requested - slicing issue causes Clog - iron like behaviour top/bottom layers that could be walls

EDIT: - I have watched the print run and it seems that the nozzle gets a "soft" clog that clears itself later hence the issue displayed here.

The clog appears to be caused by the end of the layer before running the nozzle around the outline of all the detail and in side of the print before z+ and starting the new layer - it almost looks like an Iron operation even though ironing is turned off.  Is there a setting in cura I can use to turn off this low extrusion outline iron type effect before moving to the next layer?  This video of cura shows the area that causes the clog. I have tired playing with settings but this behaviour always seems to be there on these couple of layers - is there a way I can stop this?

Previously I wasn't sure what the issue was:

I have tried 3 and 4 (and5) outer walls with no real change and also tried print thin walls but with no real change.  It is hard to pin down as this is an intermittent issue. 

I have tried printing on 2 different machines and also from SD/octopi and in all cases the troublesome GCODE produces the "bad" result but good Gcode works fine.  

gacba4lepv851.jpg

I have included the most recent pictures, Gcode below. 

Sliced at 0.2height, 4walls  (in this case), 0.00 wipe distance, 0 outer wall inset, optimize wall printing order, compensate wall overlaps (compensate inner wall overlaps), min wall flow 0%, fill gaps between walls everywhere, print thin walls.

Probably should add I am running Cura 4.6.1, windows 10, printing to an Ender 5+ Marlin 2

20200716_152233.jpg

20200716_152241.jpg

failedprint.gcode

Edited by geekyhawkes
clarification

Posted (edited) · Help requested - slicing issue causes Clog - iron like behaviour top/bottom layers that could be walls

Alternate video URL

So it seems to be related to the number of top surface skin layers- -if I set 0 then the issue goes away.  If I set 1,2,3 etc then the issue comes back.  I had been using top surface layers to get better finish to the print - some help in what I can adjust would be welcome.

Edited by geekyhawkes
    update