restarting after error

BradG

Posted · restarting after error

I have the Ultimaker S5 pro bundle and i am in dire need of some help. So I have this print that has been running for about a day and half. But I ran out of PVA which isn't the problem. I had spare material in the material station. The problem is the automatic tool changer went to feed the material in the head and got stuck somehow.  Now before i get the obvious choices... yes the bowing tube was clean.... yes I cut the tip of the material to have an easy way of going in.  Now before this the print was running perfectly fine. I just don't want to lose all the progress that i have to restart the print completely.  I had the error code ER56. Since this is a simple miss feed I shouldn't have to restart my whole print. Some guidance and direction would be much appreciated.  

• 4 months later...
    Posted · restarting after error

I realize that it’s been a while since you posted but I’ve also had a similar problem.  I had a print that was 2hrs away from finishing a 3.5 day print and the support print head became non-repairably blocked.  The only available option was to swap the print nozzle or to remove the original print nozzle for cleaning.  Swapping the print nozzle gave me an over temp error which is impossible to clear without restarting the machine (why?).  After restart there is no way to recover the print.

I was hoping to edit the code to restart at the most recent layer but I can’t seem to start the print without the auto-levelling or nozzle height test.  I’m also not able to ssh in to the machine after the most recent update so I’m not sure if there’s some way I could start it from there?

I haven’t moved the build plate in the hopes that someone here may be able to provide some advice?

help?  :P