Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
Nicolinux

Feature Request: UI/Script hook after slicing

Hi,

I'd like to request a feature where one would be able to call a script (only once) after slicing is done.

I'd like to use this feature to grab the generated gcode file and upload it to my server (where I add it to a specific Confluence wiki page). I am tuning my UM2 right now and I need to document which settings I used for which object in order to compare them later. Further down the "workflow pipe line" I intend to generate and print a qrcode and stick it on the 3d printed object. The qrcode is just an encoded url that points to the wiki page where the gcode file was added. This way I can take a look at objects later and instantly access the gcode file to see which print settings I have used.

I tried to create a simple Cura plugin that calls an os command until I realized that this would be called _every_ time when the Stream Engine is working. So I guess this is the wrong route to take.

You most likely want to hook into the "save" button then?

If you do not mind some hacking, you could go into Cura/gui/sceneView.py and find "self._slicer.submitSliceInfoOnline()" (at 2 locations) this is most likely the point where you want to call your own script.