UM2 needs this additional extruder

blackomega

Posted · UM2 needs this additional extruder

Got any updates as to when it will be ready?

With water soluble filament in the second extruder and used for support material I think this will revolutionise the printing of more complex models.

Of course a 3rd extruder would be great too but that will need to wait for UM3+ I guess as there is no room for it in the print head I guess (unless a larger print head is used I guess).

Posted · UM2 needs this additional extruder

I think they are activly working on this goal at the moment and I would be pritty sure it will come out in 2014 as an upgrade kit for the um2. But I dont think anyone at the moment can give your a rock solid answer to excactly when this will happen.

Also because they have worked so hard to get ultimaker 2 as good as it is now... that they will want to make sure that the dual extrustion upgrade is also.... at that same high standard !

Ian :-)