Adding Cura to Windows File Context Menu / File Associations

glenn1963

Posted · Adding Cura to Windows File Context Menu / File Associations

I'm trying to add Cura to the relevant Windows file context menus, such that when I right-click on an STL I can choose to open it in Cura, or one of the other applications that I already have associated.

I can edit the registry or use the handy Default Programs Editor tool, but can't seem to find a working string.

If I edit the Cura shortcut and add a "%1", I can drop an stl file on the icon and it opens correctly.

If I try that same string (and many variations) in the context menu, I cannot get Cura to even open:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_14.01\python\pythonw.exe" -m "Cura.cura" "%1"

I'm guessing it's that extra -m "Cura.cura" that's messing me up?

I realize it's a pretty minor convenience, but any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted · Adding Cura to Windows File Context Menu / File Associations

The problem is that the path is wrong for the -m Cura.cura

Cura does:

"$INSTDIR\python\pythonw.exe" -c "import os; os.chdir(\"$INSTDIR\"); import Cura.cura; Cura.cura.main()" "%1"