Cura 5.1 UI font rendering issues

seltzdesign

Posted (edited) · Cura 5.1 UI font rendering issues

I just started using Cura 5.1 and what I notice immediately as a UX designer is the degradation in font quality. You can really see it in the settings screens! There is some really weird font scaling issues, making some text hard to read and quite ugly to look at.

Now I know Windows has never invested any effort into making text particularly readable if compared to MacOS for example, but surely there is a way to make it better.

Check the screenshot and see the horrendous font rendering (5.1 on the left, 4.13 on the right):

image.thumb.png.8720ecb8a90643228c2e0186f39f6ed8.png

Is there a way to change the font or improve the font rendering in any way?

Here is another closeup of the print settings (again 5.1 on the left, 4.13 on the right). Notice how much worse the rendering of the fonts looks:

image.thumb.png.43a63d0bad3389707f2e27c0dcfbf77c.png

So if there is a way to have 5.1 use the same font (rendering) as 4.13 that would be an improvement.

Edited by seltzdesign

• 2 months later...
    Posted · Cura 5.1 UI font rendering issues

Well, I'm not a UI designer, but the font issue also really bugs me. I am seeing the exact same issues (latest Cura, Windows 11). Certain fonts seem to be corrupted, especially in the Preferences menu.

Is there any fix for this?