Flow rate changes with layer height

Gerrardh
Go to solution Solved by Gerrardh,

Posted · Flow rate changes with layer height

Hi all,

I'm trying to diagnose print issues on a custom built printer, and I noticed that some areas of my print appear to be over-extruded, so I've been trying to find a way to visualise the calculated line cross-section. I found that I can visualise 'Flow' in cura, which is about as close as I can get. The problem is that flow is proportional to speed, so a fast section has a higher flow than areas of lower speed - I really need a visualisation that's independent of speed.

Anyway - what I noticed, is that as my layer count increase, so does my flow rate, even though the requested speed and line width are fixed. Why is this? I noticed on my other printer this doesn't happen, so there must be a setting in Cura that I've modified. Any ideas?

Flow:

image.thumb.png.ef729bbac58f3bb8f0dbcf5b7f45f9f4.png

Speed:

image.thumb.png.72c7fab9c465da46fa4320fee0df337e.png

Line Width:

image.thumb.png.f0c0259c8bbac89e9b5110598c1bf4a8.png

Overall Part - notice that the dark red sections are consistent with the over-extruded sections on my prints.

image.thumb.png.7d21eb0bdef050e56395ad8d4eeababb.png

Thanks in Advance.