IDEX Help - Nozzle collides with model

seth995

Posted · IDEX Help - Nozzle collides with model

Hi all,

Here is the situation. I've added a dual carriage and all of the associated things (extruder, hot end, end stops) to a CR10 V2 using a BTT octopus 1.1 board. Currently using Marlin Bugfix 2.1.x. and a custom Cura printer in Cura 5.3

Here is the scenario. In Autopark mode, when I switch from T1 (right carriage) to T0 (left carriage) the following occurs:

1. The Z axis raises 2mm
  2. T1 goes to its park spot (x=312)
  3. T0 goes to the location T1 just left
  4. T0 gets to temp (if not already)
  5. Z Axis lowers to printing level 2mm
  6. T0 moves to next printing spot

Because the slicer (Cura 5.3) creates gcode with T0 completing layer1 then T1 comes in does its layer 1 then layer 2. Then T0 comes back and does its layer 2. Steps 3 and 5 above cause the nozzle of T0 to crash into the model because T1 has already completed its layer 2.

Fun build and generally have everything working except for this annoying problem. This may be a thing I can fix in my slicer or maybe a marlin setting... Just not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.