combing mode, moving travel line further inside???

ademceven

Posted · combing mode, moving travel line further inside???

Hey there, i have been using cura slicer since day one.  and im having some consistent skin problems on my tpu prints. when nozzle competes a layer and goes to the upper layer it moves too close to the outer wall which probably lefts some tiny blops or scratch sign on the outer wall surface, since my design part is thin and must be tough i can not make just 2 walls and fill all inside with infill and choose travel within infill mode i have to use combing with not on outer surface, this option gives farthest travel from skin yet since tpu so flex it left super thin strings on nozzle and sometimes it creates scratchy or bloby surface defect on skin. so for this combing mode if we could have option for how far  nozzle travel from skin would be very helpfull for skin quality, right now farthest option is like outer wall plus half a line width inside, if there is an option to make comb travel how much it goes inside like 2 or 3 wall far inside then this problem would completely disappear. so if anyone know how to do it, or to modify combing setups from cura files to to define travel path more far from skin. would be very helpfull.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-24 at 22.44.32.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies