How to add Gray Area in cura

Gaets7

Posted · How to add Gray Area in cura
Hey guys! I have question and I hope it can be answered!
So I wanna switch my bed plate to a glass bed, I noticed in some videos on youtube with people that have a glass bed, they have cura with the grayed out borders, how do I add those grayed out borders to my ender3 s1 pro profile ?

340826298_1935666690106953_1173754109380809576_n (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · How to add Gray Area in cura

The grey'd out borders indicate which part of the build-plate is unavailable to put a model on with the current slicing settings and printer.

For example, most UltiMaker printers have clips to hold the bed, so those are grey'd out. Another reason why borders where grey'd out at least in previous versions, was brim-settings (so the brim wouldn't go over the edge of the buildplate). While that is now fixed elsewhere, there are still similar reasons as to why you might be seeing greyed out areas on the bp.

In other words, if your glass plate has the exact same dimensions as your old plate, without any extra clips, you don't need to do anything.

If your build-plate is smaller, and/or has clips, but you don't need the extra space, just go into the machine settings to make the dimensions of your build-plate into a smaller square.

If, however, your glass-plate does have clips, but you _do_ want to print in-between the clips (because you need that bit of extra space), then it gets more complicated, as you'd have to make a new machine, or alter existing definitions.

Lastly, if you're wondering why the build-plates of some machines look differently regardless (with logo's and models of the machines) -- you'd also need to create an entire machine definition manually for that.