[5.3.1] - Ubuntu - Opening files from shared folder.

Ha1luciNate
Go to solution Solved by Ha1luciNate,

Posted · [5.3.1] - Ubuntu - Opening files from shared folder.

Hey everyone,

I've got a bit of an odd one here and I was hoping maybe someone could help me out. I'm using cura 5.3.1. from the appimage on Ubuntu 22. something (it's the most recent stable version as of this post). I created a basic samba share using the gnome utility and I was able to set that stuff up so I can design stuff on my other computer and then head to the shop when I want to print stuff. Anyway, I can save the .stl file to the shared drive (NATE-SERVER) 192.1... etc etc and open it up downstairs but when I try to import the file into cura it says invalid file type. I did sudo chown nate Share/ on the folder, I've got read write (777) permissions (I think) etc...  I can copy the file from the shared drive (located in /home/nate/Share) to (/home/nate/Documents) and it opens fine.

Thanks in advance -Nate

TL;DR: Opens fine from documents folder but not from shared drive.

"Invalid File

Cannot open files of the type of (blank)
"

• Solution
    Posted · [5.3.1] - Ubuntu - Opening files from shared folder.

Okay I may have figured it out in the first 12 seconds of troubleshooting... I was trying to open the local i.p folder from the machine itself, but if I actually go to /home/nate/Share and open the file it works fine...

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies