Cura travels optimization

maxime_ecn

Posted · Cura travels optimization

Hello guys, 

I'm new to cura and i'm currently having an issue with a big part i'm printing.

So basically my problem is the following :

Cura is doing the 20% infill first, the nozzle is finishing the infill at this position

image.thumb.jpeg.7bedbd6f6fda4cf8acefc4f39e5f6809.jpeg

Then the nozzle travels to the point 1 to put a tiny bit of missing infill and then travels all the way to the point 2 to start the walls.

image.thumb.jpeg.f7dbdbd199ba9a2ef615846b506050be.jpeg

And my problem is that between the point 1 and 2, the pressure in the nozzle probably drops, and when it starts the walls contouring, there is no material coming out the nozzle for like 1 second, resulting this

image.thumb.jpeg.7d5701597109e14083d186dc52b63b6d.jpeg

So my question is : what can i do to avoid this ? and why Cura is so bad at optimizing the print travels. Why does the countouring not start at the point n°1 ?? that's a lot of time wasted on useless travel to point 2.. And it's not the first time it happens and it looks like Cura never takes the closest point to start the countouring.. why so?

And yes i know that i should probably go for a bigger wall thickness, but that doesn't change the problem of those long useless travels..

Thank you for your help