Top and Bottom layers are split into parts and are not filled in correctly

BarrMan
Go to solution Solved by Cuq,

Posted · Top and Bottom layers are split into parts and are not filled in correctly

This never happened to me before, but my guess is that it's since the size of the overall print was rather large.

Using the default profile with recommended settings and Cura v4.13.1:

Starting at the first layer, I get only a section of the overall print initial surface, in addition to that, the skirt is only wrapping this section and not the entire initial surface.

image.thumb.png.5b66917bee3e8290d64b045598565ca4.png

After the first layer, the second layer looked fine, but it left a gap underneath the missing section that was left out in the initial layer:

image.thumb.png.ebd4bc0f850730a48a9e88a461f1782f.png

The rest of the print looked fine until it got to the final layers. Layer 29 was the last layer that looked fine:

image.thumb.png.a6c013b07b29760f88e6a87192beef9d.pngCura_Weird_Sections.stl

Layer 30 started adding those weird segmentation causing the top layer be uneven:

image.thumb.png.6a393e0fcf0f54e6bd0a5e3e0c122237.png

Layer 31 split the top layer into one more segment:

image.thumb.png.2647765576de73d8122b763d3f22ab75.png

I've been trying to mess around with some of the settings of Cura but I didn't really see any reason why this should happen.

Does anyone might have a clue why it happened?

Thanks in advanced!

• Solution
    Posted · Top and Bottom layers are split into parts and are not filled in correctly

Because your model doesn't lay down exactly on the buildplate. Use the function Rotation 'Lay Flat" to fix this issue.

image.png.2c66afda677c34b6f8a84fdaa2baaf6c.png