MacOS file not loading properly

grogoreo

Posted (edited) · MacOS file not loading properly

I've installed Cura 5.4 as well as multiple other versions all have an issue opening an STL file from various sources.

Cura opens fine. I've uninstalled many times and deleted the configuration files inbetween installs but this doesn't make a difference. The log only states that Cura is trying to retrieve the file but nothing else.

Log

https://pastebin.com/WxeYd6QU

There's kind of a workaround. I have found if I start a new configuration and choose the Ultimaker S5 I am able to load the STL and slice it. If I choose any other printer at the configuration point even other Ultimaker printers it won’t load. However if I choose the Ultimaker S5 then later add an additional printer I am able to load the STL, switch to the other printer and slice as long as I don’t alter it’s position on the bed.

Lastly if I select the alternative printer, close Cura then reopen with this printer already selected Cura won’t load the STL but if I select the Ultimaker S5 then close and finally reload, open the STL and change the printer it will slice.

I'd say it's not a great workaround as I can't manipulate the settings for the print.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Edited by grogoreo