First layer tiny holes do not always stick. So why do it that way?!

Martinmutter

Posted · First layer tiny holes do not always stick. So why do it that way?!

Okay so I'm printing the material of masochists. PETG
Either it sticks or it doesn't and it seems like it's the Russian roulette of 3D printing. 

Why for the love of god can't I make it so that it prints from outer wall to inside and not try to put down 3mm diameter circles first?!
Been bugging me since I started 3D printing and figured something would be done to mitigate this issue. I mean now I'm just doing a 0.4mm layer where the holes are so I can just drill them out when I'm done. Just saves time and headaches to do it that way since the slicer seemingly can't do.

No the height of the nozzle is PERFECT. No weird artefacts dues to to much squish and no line separation or other weird stuff due to it being to far. And which hole that detaches is random. The ooze from the material catches I guess or whatever.

And no. I don't want to use adhesives. What I want is to be able to choose NOT to print the tiny details ruining my prints first. 

The lines looking weird on the messed up print is due to is shifting ever so slightly after getting nocked loose by the hole detaching. 

Have it printing perfectly now without the damned holes in the first layer.

But a way to make the holes not print until there is a wall they can attach to would be AWESOME. 

IMG_20230709_110454.jpg

IMG_20230709_110552.jpg

IMG_20230709_110530.jpg

IMG_20230709_110544.jpg

• Like 1