Makerbot Replicator+, Macbook Pro, Ventura: No print option

Lpeterson157

Posted · Makerbot Replicator+, Macbook Pro, Ventura: No print option

I've tried installing my Makerbot Replicator+ in Cura versions 4.5.something, 5.4.0, and the new 5.5.0 beta...all with no success.

Makerbot's own software for this machine is no longer being updated. Makerbot's CloudPrint should be used instead, but my school's wifi connection is horrible, and reinstalling wifi on my six machines then needs to be done from another computer, because this one can't download the old software.

So, I'm turning to Cura as a fix, thinking that Ultimaker would have the best chance of making it work...

But I can't seem to get it running.

I have:

- ensured that the printer is on and plugged into my macbook pro (M2 chip) before starting Cura

- installed the "Replicator" printer, though I'm not sure if it's even compatible

It's worth noting that I am plugged into a usb-c adapter, and that works fine with my arduino.

When I slice my file, I only get a "save" option, not a "print" one, but I can't figure out where to check if it is on the right com port.

Any ideas?

I'm not savvy enough to write code, but I can follow directions, lol! 

I run the makerspace for my school, and it would be nice not to fuss with multiple laptops, if possible.

(For what it's worth, I'm willing to shell out the money for Simplify 3D if that's my only option, but I won't be reimbursed by the school, so I'd prefer not to go that route.)

Thanks!

Laura

Posted · Makerbot Replicator+, Macbook Pro, Ventura: No print option

Hi Laura,

Im afraid this one might be not possible
    While Ultimaker and MakerBot did merge to form UltiMaker
    The cross support for product lines from the MakerBot side have not been added to UltiMaker Cura currently. 

From my understanding the limited support for MakerBot Replicator currently is for the generations of Replicators before your Replicator+ and likely wont work for your machine.

Additionally it is generally not recommended to try and print over USB cable to any 3D printer in modern UltiMaker Cura as the function is mostly legacy at this point as modern 3D printers generally don't use this method because its very unstable.