In Cura 5.6.0 "Small feature speed" does not affect inner walls.

Pavlo_Fenix

Posted · In Cura 5.6.0 "Small feature speed" does not affect inner walls.

If you could provide the Cura project file so we can look at the model and your settings that would really help, or at least the STL file. Based on that picture alone I have no idea whatsoever what's wrong. I don't know off the top of my head, but it's also possible the default settings for small features have changed. And for all I know, those are extra infill walls (which print with the infill settings) rather than regular walls.

1 hour ago, Pavlo_Fenix said:

Fix it, please.

Please check your sense of entitlement at the door. This is a forum of (mostly) volunteers just trying to help people.

• Like 1

In my case, all item overall looks better when prints the outer walls first, but I find that the walls around the holes prints better if are printed from inner to outer, otherwise some gaps are between walls. And even better if print outer wall, then last inner wall, then walls between. Can these settings be separated? Maybe in the next version it can be done?

1 hour ago, Pavlo_Fenix said:

In my case, all item overall looks better when prints the outer walls first, but I find that the walls around the holes prints better if are printed from inner to outer, otherwise some gaps are between walls.

Follow the instructions I posted here to create a modifier mesh, except instead of adjusting the wall line count, change Wall Ordering, and obviously only make the mesh cover the hole, not the entire model.

After you create one modifier mesh you can just copy and paste to cover any more areas as required.

2 hours ago, Pavlo_Fenix said:

And even better if print outer wall, then last inner wall, then walls between.

Can't be done, as far as I'm aware, anyway. It would be detrimental to model strength, since the walls gain strength by adhering to the ones they're printed next to as they set. You'd have two walls with no adherence that would be further set by the time other walls got to them, reducing the increased adherence.

2 hours ago, Pavlo_Fenix said:

Can these settings be separated? Maybe in the next version it can be done?

Feel free to submit a feature request, but remember that in something as complex as Cura's slicing engine making a change like this would be a lot harder than it might sound like, and if the developers don't think it would be of enough benefit (or useful to enough people), they might just say no or give it a very low priority. Either way, I wouldn't expect to see it in the next version.