Question: Unable to slice model (might be due to size)

Cya003
Go to solution Solved by Dustin,

Posted · Question: Unable to slice model (might be due to size)

I was not able to slice the model, this is the message I got:

Please review settings and check if your models:
- Fit within the build volume
- Are assigned to an enabled extruder
- Are not all set as modifier meshes

The model is 20cmx15cmx9cm in volum, as shown in the preview, it doesn't seem to be oversized?

I tried to scale the model down, and then it's possible to slice- howover, that won't be the scale and size I wish for. Is there any way to still print this model? Like some settings I could change?

I appreciate your suggestions!

look at the gray boundary on the right side of the bed.
    move the model a few mm to the left.
    Also it looks like half of of the model is under the bed?

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

look at the gray boundary on the right side of the bed.
    move the model a few mm to the left.
    Also it looks like half of of the model is under the bed?

Hey, thank you for reply!

I tried to move it a bit to the left, but it didn't help. Maybe that gray area was the shadow??

Yes the half of the model is under the bed- so that part won't be printed (It was a lazy solution of me to avoid trimming the bottom of the model in Blender), it worked before so I think it's alright that it's under the bed.

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

the gray area is a no-print zone not shadow https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667337565436

I see! Thank you so much!!

Changed to top view and everything makes more sense- rotated it and moved a bit to avoid "the shadow" and it works now.

image.thumb.png.d4506cc81db926362fcb7575d4328bd0.png