PVA only at the interface help

Posted · PVA only at the interface help

I've been printing a lot with PVA Natural as my dissolvable support. In an effort to use less PVA I tried the option of having CURA only add the PVA at the interface between the support and my part. But that didn't work for me. The part and support were locked together just like if I'd printed with break away supports. A day in a hot water tank with circulation didn't shake any support loose. So I gave up.  But now I'm printing some larger objects and it would really save some money if I could get this to work. Any advice for using PVA just at the interface or is that really just not going to work?

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
        • 3 replies