Gyroid Infill Modifications?

sli74

Posted · Gyroid Infill Modifications?

Hi! There was an old forum post about this but I wanted to see if there was any new advice (the links on the old post are also expired). 

I'm wanting to use the gyroid infill for a project of mine but the issue is that it creates holes permeating through the piece when at the density that I need (12-20%). This piece will have no top or bottom layer. The gyroid pattern is ideal for me as it has curved lines, but the pattern of uniform holes that it creates isn't ideal. Is there a way to modify gyroid on Cura (e.g. X/Y offset) or has anyone successfully set up a gyroid pattern in a manner that the holes are no longer present? 

Posted · Gyroid Infill Modifications?

AFAIK it's not possible in the regular version of Cura to create Gyroid infill without holes, as part of the point of it is that it has holes - so that it's permeable by water/air for whatever reason - like you need to be able to get through to dissolve a part of the print made of a material that dissolves in water, or if you need to add strength to something but still allow air/water to go through it.