Anycubic/Cura 15.04.6

Posted · Anycubic/Cura 15.04.6

Hi all, I purchased an "Anycubic Mega S" some time ago (for work related items) and installed the Cura software that came with it, version 15.04.6. All worked well, not a problem with any part of the process. I then stopped using the printer. However, a few months ago I had to upgrade the hardrive on my laptop, and chose to start from scratch, no copying of old profiles/software. I now have need of the models and 3D printer again, and have reloaded the Cura software from the memory card that came with the printer, but the appearance is different and things do not work as before, especially rotating the model.

The main issue is the visibility of the model. The only mode that will display is the "Layers" mode, and not all the model. The attached snapshot shows the base section of a .gcode model with is 25mm diameter, and 180mm high. As you can see it is only partially displayed. All other modes have the print area/volume totally empty. And there is no title displaying the model name, usually at the top of the screen if I recall?

Is there a way to fix this, I am sure it is a settings thing, but can't seem to find anywhere to make changes. All the models have displayed, converted and printed correctly multiple times when I first got the printer, now its all gone wonky...

Any suggestions, any advice greatly appreciated.

Partial Base.JPG

Posted · Anycubic/Cura 15.04.6

The old versions of Cura were numbered according to the year of release.  Your 15.04.06 was released 9 years ago.  Time to move up.  The Cura 5.7.2 release is the latest and it is HERE.

If you are having issues then use the "File | Save Project" command and post the project file here.

(I don't know if that existed in 15.04.06 but it will in a newer version.)