Network CRC errors on v8 firmware

mbhsict

Posted · Network CRC errors on v8 firmware

I've had this logged with support ages ago but have made some more discoveries myself and was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences

Ever since upgrading to v8 firmware - all of them including latest channel 8.3.1, we have noticed CRC errors appearing on the network ports that our S5 Pro bundles are attached to.

Changing cables, network ports, switches etc had made no difference. I left the remaining machines at 7.0.3 due to the network engineers not being happy with the printers causing these errors.

I have been playing around today and upgraded one of the problem machines to 8.3.1 incase by some miracle it was fixed, and then had the thought to remove the device from DigitalFactory as well.

Immediately started to see a whole lot less CRC errors on the switch port. I enrolled it to DF again, hoping it was the firmware that fixed the issue, but they came back.

After a lot of troubleshooting, it seems to be related to when any user/application views the built in camera - I have confirmed it by all the below spamming CRC errors on the port:
DigitalFactory
Printer config webpage

Direct stream address on the IP address

Cura 5.7

3D Printer OS 3rd party cloud slicing

I'll log this again with support for some form of resolution, but has anyone seen anything with v8 onwards that changed how the camera stream is presented to users or applications that may cause these packets to be sent out of order, or with errors?

Current workaround is now to disable the cameras to the dismay of users...

Posted · Network CRC errors on v8 firmware

Hi @mbhsict,

Could you please post more information about the CRC errors your are getting?

I'm assuming those errors are in the switch where the printer is connected. Could you please post a screenshot ?

Is it by the way a FCS (Frame Check Sequence) Error ?

Posted (edited) · Network CRC errors on v8 firmware

Hi @AlexBorro

You can see in my screen the top and bottom port belonging to printers on v8 firmware, show the CRC errors for a period (until I disabled the camera) The middle ports belong to printers running v7.0.3.0 firmware

Yes it looks like FCS as our network support were unable to capture anything due to the packets being dropped at the port before being able to reach further

ultimaker1.png

Ultimaker2.png

Edited by mbhsict
    tag

• 1 month later...